I am not the enemy here. stop portraying me as one - De lima


An emotional Senator Leila de Lima on Thursday shot back at President Rodrigo Duterte for "abuse and misuse" of power by launching a personal attack against her after he questioned the spate of killings linked to his war on drugs.
De Lima, whom Duterte accused of "flaunting" an illicit affair with her driver, also warned that her fate could befall "anyone who does not bow to the wishes of the President."
"How does one defend oneself when the attacker is immune and has all the backing of executive power to support him in his personal attack. This is no less than abuse and misuse of executive power," she said.
"I don’t think the Constitution has ever contemplated such abuse of power on such scale as it assumes every president to conduct himself in a manner befitting the office he holds. It seems this is not the case for this President," she said.
De Lima said she received information that evidence will be "manufactured" to bring her to court. Duterte on Wednesday said her alleged lover collected money from drug lords detained at the national penitentiary during this year's election campaign..

"I have always been loyal to my oath as a public servant. I am not the enemy here. stop portraying me as one," she said.
"Tama na po ang pananakot, ang panghihiya. Bumalik na po tayo sa kaayusan na dulot ng pag-iiral ng batas at simpleng respeto sa kapwa tao. [Enough with the intimidation and shaming. Let us go back to the order brought about by the rule of law and simple respect for our fellow man]," she said.
The Senator also asked the President to spare her family.
"If you are bent on destroying me, Mr. President. Please have the decency to spare my colleagues, friends and family. Wala po silang kasalanan sa inyo. Maging patas at makatwiran [They have done you no wrong. Please be fair and reasonable]," she said.
She said her investigation on the spate of killings would proceed as scheduled next week, ading calling it off would reduce her to a "fraud."
"Kapag ginawa ko ito, parang tinalikuran ko na din ang sarili kong pagkatao at tinatwa ang sarili kong paninindigan at paniniwala [If I do that, it will be like turning my back on who I am and renouncing my convictions and beliefs]," she said.
"Mas nanaisin ko na kayo at iyong gobyerno ang magbaon sa akin kesa ako ang magbaon sa aking sarili [I would rather have you or your government bury me rather than I bury myself]," she said.


source:abscbnnews
I am not the enemy here. stop portraying me as one - De lima I am not the enemy here. stop portraying me as one - De lima Reviewed by Unknown on 17:00:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.